What A Week

Welp, that default positive that I’ve been enjoying for the last two weeks is gone.

I’ve been spoonless pretty much all week, but once I tell you about last weekend it won’t be that surprising.

I’m behind on my running, just because I’ve been so overwhelmed with everything else that is going on, then on the days that I did plan on running, there ended up being bear sightings, which put a prompt end to that plan.

I guess we’ll start with last Thursday.

One of the perks of my job is that I essentially get a free family plan membership (well, more than that because I also have a key and can come workout whenever I want). Hubby likes to take full advantage of that and takes Tae Kwon Do, Kickboxing, and Israeli Self Defense. That’s 3 hours of a solid martial arts workout. At the end of Self Defense there was a bit of open ground fighting. He decided it was a good idea to be a part of that. He ended up going up against a new kid who wasn’t familiar with how we ground fight. He immediately tackled Hubby like a linebacker. Hubby was knocked out and had a pretty nasty concussion.


He’s ok now, but it was bad enough that he had to call out of work the next day.

On Saturday we took some friends shopping. I planned on running when we got back. But then on our way to meet AMIL for dinner she called and said we needed to come rescue her from the side of the road, because her car engine had died. By the time we got got back from that it was too late to go for a run, because I had to get up early the next morning to take a friend of a friend’s friend to Ft Lauderdale. Then in the evening we had to take AMIL to get a rental car so she could get to work during the week.

Then on Monday after he got home from work, Hubby and EJ were playing in the living room, and EJ took a tumble and busted open his forehead on the coffee table. Poor little guy had to get 3 stitches. This happened literally 10 minutes before I was going to get ready for my run. And the closest urgent care/emergency center is the hospital 25+ miles away (thankfully by the end of this year there will be an emergency room 15 miles away, because the drive is excruciating). He was a trooper though. He actually thought the emergency room was pretty cool. And other than immediately after hitting the table, the only time he cried was when they put the stitches in, and that was probably more from the fact that he was being restrained than any actual pain from the sutures. The doctor tried to use the dissolving sutures that don’t need to be removed, but the thread was literally the exact same color as his hair and he was squirming just enough that she couldn’t tell the difference between his hair and the sutures, so she had to use the ones that have to be removed.


Its healing up nicely but now we are at the point where we have to watch him carefully because it itches and we need to make sure he doesn’t pull them out before he gets them removed on Monday.

So now for some good news:

Despite all of this, thankfully I still have enough money to register for Tinkerbell on Tuesday, so for the first time since Dopey I’m not stressing out about registration (although I’m paying out of pocket, so I’m still looking for sponsors and donors to my fundraiser). I’m also really excited because I have definitely been given the ok from Hubby to register for Paris in October!

Starting a week from Monday, I’ll be full time at work and in a trial period to be Program Director (which is kind of like general manager). Basically the first few weeks of our new after school program will be my chance to prove that I’m up to the challenge, stress, and responsibilities of management. Even if my boss decides that I’m not ready, I’ll still be full time, but I’ll just be the administrator. I’m not going to lie, I’m kind of nervous. I would love to be Program Director, and the fact that my boss sees enough potential in me to even consider me for this position is a huge deal. But my stupid anxiety has me convinced that I’m going to fail and not get the title.

So I’d appreciate prayers, pixie dust, and happy thoughts to help me get through this.

In the world of running, I’ve got a 7 miler on the schedule this weekend. After a week off I’m really looking forward to a nice long run. I would have done it this morning, but I had work. So I’ll either do it tonight or tomorrow morning. Then on Tuesday I’ll get back to my regular training and I’ll do the week of speed work that I missed this week.


3 thoughts on “What A Week

  1. Wow! You had a tough week! I hope it gets better for you this week. I’m sure you will do great at your job! Good luck!! And I am totally jealous that you’re getting to do Paris!!

    Liked by 1 person

  2. Sorry about all of this, especially you’re boy’s head, but I do love the fact that you’re letting him wear that gorgeous long hair. I asked my daughter not to cut her boy’s hair too soon, but his daddy is a bit more conservative/well groomed, and that may not happen.

    I skipped my 11+ mile run this morning. No bears to worry about (though I do hear/see coyotes sometimes), but I’m just too tired and don’t really care. Think the depression is asserting itself. I hate these cycles.

    Liked by 1 person

    • Yeah, I love the long hair. I dont care if people mistake him for a girl. He’s probably going to get a haircut at some point soon, but it will likely just be a trim.
      Im sorry to hear your depression is getting the best of you, that is never fun


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s